California White Bean Chili
This mild chili mix combines sweet potatoes and peppers with added artichoke hearts and ground turkey for a savory white bean chili.
White Bean Chili Mix Ingredients:
Navy beans, sweet potatoes, onions, red and green peppers, celery, paprika, garlic and spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 1 pound fresh ground turkey or chicken (or for a vegetarian version, eliminate the meat and add one large peeled and diced sweet potato.)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered or one box frozen (May leave out if using sweet potato)
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
Preparing the beans:
- Rinse, drain and pick over.
- Place in a bowl with 8 cups water and soak for 4 hours at room temperature or for a “quick soak” boil for 10 minutes and let stand for 2 hours.
- Drain beans and place in a 4 quart pot with 8 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or more.
While simmering beans:
- Sauté turkey in oil over medium heat.
- Stir in vegetable packet and artichoke hearts.
- Add broth and drained beans.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Optional: Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, and/or sour cream.