Connecticut Cottage Chicken Noodle
Colorful peas, carrots and corn are delicately seasoned with dill and combined with gluten free corn pasta for a delightful family favorite.
Chicken Noodle Soup Mix Ingredients:
Lasagne corte (gluten free corn pasta), carrot, onion, corn, peas, celery, shallot, scallion, garlic and spices.
Allergen Information: Certified Gluten-Free
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water (or additional broth)
- 6 oz. (about 3 cups) cooked chicken breast, cut up grilled, poached or roasted are all good or even canned chicken for campers.
- In a 3 or 4-quart pot, bring broth and water to a boil.
- Cut up or shred chicken breast.
- Add chicken and contents of the vegetable seasoning packet in the Connecticut CottageChicken Noodle Soup Mix. Simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- Add the mini corn lasagna noodles, bring back to a boil, reduce and simmer again for 10 minutes, covered.
- Turn off heat and allow to stand 5 minutes. Serve with cornbread or other soft roll and enjoy.
New Nutrition Tips:
- To boost vegetables, add a half box of frozen mixed vegetables in final 5 minutes of cooking time.
- To vary vegetables, add 1 cup finely chopped leeks, cauliflower or other favorite.
- Add 1/2 cup of white wine for last 10 minutes of cooking time.
- Frontier Soups House Fried Rice Recipe
- Saute 1 cup of long grain white rice in 2T of butter.
- Stir in the contents of the vegetable seasoning packet from the chicken noodle mix.
- Add 4 cups of chicken broth, bring to a simmer, cover and cook 15 minutes on low.
- Add the noodles, simmer 10 minutes more until all liquid is absorbed and serve!